Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Cowher Rumour

  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cowher Rumour

    Just heard Cowher for $10 million a year. Unbelievable I know but thats the rumour in Washington right now.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cowher Rumour

    Heres a question, regardless if they hire from within, do they still have to take the Rooney rule into effect?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cowher Rumour

    To my knowledge yes, or face a fine. Snyder has already denied this rumour. He might just go interview a bunch of minorities to keep from getting fined. In situations like these I don't understand that rule, Bill Cowher or some guy who in most cases has never been a head coach? Pretty easy choice, would be the same thing if it they could get Dungy or Lubby I wouldn't see the point in interviewing any white guys.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cowher Rumour

    I think he should interview the janitor and make a real mockery of the rule. Its one of the worst rules in all of sports. You should be able to hire and interview whoever you want. Randy Shannon always called around and found out whether or not he was going to a token interview. Token interviews are a slap in the face of everyone.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cowher Rumour

    According to Extremeskins.com if you promote from within you don't have to interview minority candidates.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cowher Rumour

    Off topic but I love xtremeskins. The video parodys that they do are hilarious. I'd like to have a dvd copy of all of them that have been made. I know you can buy them like that but I believe they are sort of expensive.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cowher Rumour

    I like the site but the fans on there are somewhat dillusional imo. It's still by far the best site on the net for Redskins information. Redszone.com is the LPD Board of Pro Sports teams imo, extremeskins.com looks like the cmd board compared to redszone.com.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cowher Rumour

    They do tend too get a bit crazy over there.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cowher Rumour

    I'm registered but very rarely if ever post. There are some very nice message boards for pro baseball teams. Sometimes you can find out more information on a fan message board than ESPN/SI/etc. Dukebasketballreport and thesabre (which I'm registered member) have the most dillusional posters on the net.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cowher Rumour

    Cowher would be a great "fit" for the skins

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •